Friday, December 22, 2006

Wrangling Christmas Day Dinner

As a way to kick me out of cooking rut, I invited some friends to come over for Christmas Dinner. I am going with a Southern Theme. Here is the proposed Menu as inspired by an article from Food and Wine a couple years ago:

Creamed Leeks and Oysters on Toast
Lox and the Fixings

Standing Pork Roast
Spicy Pear Jalapeno Relish
Buttermilk Corn Bread Stuffing with Andouille and Shrimp
Big Pot Smokey Chipolte Greens
Cheese Grit Soufflé

Semolina Soufflé Cake with Tart Cherry Pinot Noir Sauce and Pistachio Crème

I miss our friends Kim and Jake a lot right now. They moved to Argentina for 6 months and this the kind of party that Kim would have the PERFECT cocktail figured out and Jake would add the perfect dish.

Steve is going to do one of his amazing salads and Olivia will bring the perfect pear Tartan.

I will be posting the recipes and results.

No comments: