Thursday, April 19, 2007

Romaine Salad with Blue Cheese, Maple Syrup Pecans and Mint

1. Cut and Wash One Head Romaine Lettuce...( I usually do this in a bowl of water. I drain it and rinse in a "colander") and then...Allow to Dry.

2. Heat Butter in a skillet. Add Pecans and Coat and Toast. Allow about 3 minutes. Add some maple Syrup and continue to brown. Remove from heat and place pecans on a paper towel to drain.

3. Toss Lettuce with Balsamic Vinegar and Olive Oil. (I kept it light cuz the Potato dish I was serving this with was so saturated).

4. Separate into two bowls and Sprinkle with finely Chopped Mint.

5. Sprinkle Toasted Pecans over Lettuce.

6. Thinly Slice (almost shred) Point Reyes Blue Cheese over salad.

7. Salt and Pepper.

8. Serve.

(Tonight I felt like my grandma, Elsie Sykora. Cuz I kept affirming how good it was!)

No comments: