Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Chaning My Eating Habits

In Southern California, nobody says they are on a diet, but everyone is on a cleanse. The word "cleanse" carries the connotation that we are losing weight for a higher purpose. It's not vanity that motivates us, it's spirituality. And we are letting each other get away with it.

I am making an effort to change my eating habits. Too often Eric and I end up eating big heavy meals late at night. I wake up feeling heavy and achey. Under the guidance of my Ayurvedic pal, Jackie Parker, I have experimented with eating my heavier meal in the middle of the day and not eating much after 6:00. I really liked how I felt in the mornings, but it is difficult to maintain when you don't get home till 7:30pm and enjoy cooking to unwind. Simultaneously, most social gatherings are around late night dinners. But I am making a new effort.

I feel inspired by my recent rediscovery of the bandhas in my yoga practice and feel that a new diet is in order.

Yesterday Breakfast
7:30am Hot Water
7:45am Coffee with milk
Cashews

10am Yogurt and Cashews

Lunch
1:30 Sauted Carrots, Fennel and Baby Satoi Leaves with Lemon and Mustard over Basmati Rice

Dinner
7:30 Miso Soup

No comments: