Monday, March 10, 2008

Desperate Times

I have not been moved to cook lately. Not sure why exactly. Been super busy. Have not even been moved to have people over. Simultaneously have not been that hungry. B.D. has lovely and amazing lettuces and we have been eating the most delicious salads with his butter lettuce, fennel, herbs and daikon radish from Rainbow. But for our "real food" it's been weak at best.

Tonight, I brought home pasta and pesto sauce in a jar. Almost shameful.
Last night I could barely gather myself to roast a chicken.

My husband and I have a deal. I make dinner and he washes the dishes. While he is totally wonderful on the nights that I feel burnt and not in the mood, a month of lameness does not seem to be flying.

May the Culinary Angels have mercy on me.

No comments: