Thursday, January 29, 2009

Garlic Bread

Tonight Eric came home with the groceries and there was not enough pasta in the package to feed 3. I think I have mentioned that my little brother now lives with us. We had some leftover french loaf from last night (used to make croutons for Cesear salad) so I decided to make garlic bread. I have never made garlic bread. Here is what I did:

  1. Blanched a lot of garlic cloves in boiling water for about a minute. (Got this idea from an Italian cookbook on instructions of how to make garlic butter).
  2. After blanching, used a masher to mash.
  3. Mashed up a stick of butter with the garlic and then melted.
  4. Sliced up the French Loaf and Toasted one Side under the broiler.
  5. Added some Mexican Oregano, Thyme and Salt to butter mixture.
  6. When Bread was toasted, removed and dunked the "untoasted" side in the butter. (That bread soaked up a lot of butter).
  7. Grated a little Parmesan on each slice and placed back under the broiler until toasty brown.

Serve HOT. The garlic bread was unfortunately delicious.

No comments: