Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Cheating Pesto Pasta with Chicken, Sun Dried Tomaotes, Olives and Mozarella

After teaching for Alana last night I went to the Bridge to pick up fixings for dinner. We already had pasta, store bought pesto, kalamata olives, some chicken and lemon at home. I got some sun dried tomatoes (packed in oil), a red onion, some more pre roasted chicken, some slivered almonds and fresh mozzarella balls. I was feeding three. So I made a pound of pasta and had leftovers.

1. Start water to boil.
2. Pull off the meat of the chicken and tear into desired size pieces. Place in large bowl.
3. Thinly slice desired amount of sun dried tomatoes. I think I used about 10.
4. Tear open and pit desired amount of Kalamata olives. I think we used about 15 or so.
5. 1/4 and thinly slice desired amount of red onion.
6. When water is boiling, salt and add pasta. Tonight we used strangled priest shapes.
7. Meanwhile, heat some oil and pan toast a handful of slivered almonds until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
8. In same oil, toast up some red pepper flakes and other desired herbs. Tonight I just added some Mexican oregano. Add oil and herb mixture to ingredients in bowl and toss.
9. When pasta is done, drain. Add to big bowl and toss with pesto. Add almonds and toss.
10. Salt and pepper.

Serve bowls, adding the small mozzarella balls on top.

No comments: