Monday, April 1, 2013

eggs and kale and veggies

I can't really get enough kale.  And eggs are my good friend.  This is for 2 peoples.


  1. Slice up a leek, two carrots, a bulb of fennel.
  2. Add your favorite fat to a wide bottom skillet. Once melted, add the vegetables and stir and begin to saute.
  3. While they are cooking a little, slice up some kale (chard or any other green will do).  Rinse and add to veggies before they are super browned.
  4. Open 4 raw eggs on top.  (2 on one side of pan, 2 on the other.)
  5. Cover and steam cook eggs for about 5 minutes or so.  (This depends a lot on how you like your eggs.  Lately I like them firm.)
  6. When eggs are as you like them, scoop onto a plate.  
  7. Sometimes I make a mustard caper dill sauce.  Sometimes I just sprinkle a little white balsamic vinegar with salt and pepper.




No comments: