Saturday, May 5, 2007

What do You Feed the World's Spiritual Leaders?

Uma Goswami was just here. Reminding us that we are Divine. She indicated that she would like to cook together and invite 50 or so people over. I anticipate needing to become more comfortable with vegetarian Indian food.

So I am starting this journey and looking for help. Tonight we created a rice dish from what we had in the fridge and spice drawer. I do not recommend it yet. Needs work, but here is a start.

1. Heat some Ghee
2. Add some mustard seed, coriander seed, cumin seed, mixed peppercorns and cardamon pods, fry briefly. Add Madras Curry powder and stir.
3. Add soaked and drained basmati rice
4. Stir and fry rice a little.
5. Add chopped carrot and thinly sliced fennel.
6. Add chopped tomatoes
7. Add appropriate amount of water
8. Stir and bring to boil.
9. Add thinly sliced kale.
10. Salt
11. Cover and cook for 13 minutes or so.
12. Meanwhile, fry up some cashews in ghee.
13. Once rice is done, allow to rest, covered for about 5 minutes.
14. Stir in cashews and serve.

If I had had raisins, I would have put some in.
I look forward to working this out.

xo
k

No comments: