Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Fried Pasta with Fennel and Spinich

I had some cooked plain pasta in the fridge. (Strangled Priest Noodles)
And I had some other stuff, so this is what I did:

1. Poured too much olive oil in non-stick pan and started to heat it.

2. When hot, added a smooshed clove of garlic and stirred quickly to avoid it burning, then i added the cooked pasta. I was going for a nice browned edge in places, almost a fried quality.

3. Then i felt like I should do a little more than just that, so i looked in the fridge again and found a head of fennel and some spinach from FnC. I sliced up the fennel and tore up the spinach and added then to the frying pasta mixture. Stirring and coating with olive oil.

4. Eventually i added some salt and pepper. (Lemon or a little balsamic might have been nice, but all i could think about was lots of Parmesan cheese).

5. When I removed the pasta I added lots of Parmesan. IT was good.

Note: It is my understanding that Parmesan Cheese is not really vegetarian.
A lot of Parmesan cheese, especially imported Parmesan is made with rennet which is derived from the stomach of slaughtered cows. Definitely not vegetarian. I am not sure about the cheese I just used. I will now know to look.

No comments: