Friday, July 11, 2008

Amy's Going Away and My Little Brother is in Town Party

I woke up feeling upset and annoyed about the party.  I did not know who was coming and it had been designated as a potluck.  The fear that it would be a "bad party" cuz I was not totally controlling it is knotted in there deep.

But by 11am or so, when Geordie and I had to go shopping I made a conscious (slightly aggressive) decision to change my mood about it and have fun.  I cam eback to the original intention of gathering which was to come together and love Amy.  And of course it was a blast.  

About 30 wonderful loving people all happy for Amy's Journey to New York showed up with food and drink to share.  My little brother and I had a blast cooking together.  And we got to roll the furniture around to open the house.

The theme was Mexican.

Drinks
Arturo brought Sangrita and Tequila
Jackie brought Mojitos
Beer and Wine
Lots of Pellegrino

Appetizers
Seviche with Homemade Chips
Guacamole
Salsa

Grilled Corn with Mayo, Chili Powder, Feta and Lime

Dinner
Homemade Corn Tortilla (Roberto and Alana)
A delicious Squash Filing (Roberto and Alana)
Smokey Pork Filling
Grilled Achiote Fish

The Trimmings for Tacos

Black Beans (Olivia)

2 Delicious Rice Dishes (Amber and Elizabeth)
Chili Cornbread (Meghan)

Lots of wonderful Green Salads (Jacqui, Sara, Jim)

Deserts
Flan (Allison)
Chocolate Cake (Amy)
Homemade Chocolate and Vanilla Ice Cream (Amy)


No comments: